Electronic Travel Authorizations (ETA)

Most applicants seeking to visit Canada must either obtain a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). US citizens and green card holders are not required to get either.

Generally, applicants from the European Union, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand are not required to obtain visas and need to submit an ETA application online instead. The cost is currently $7 and is decided quickly for most applicants. Applicants with criminal convictions or previous Canadian refusals may need to provide additional documentation and wait longer in order to obtain a decision on an ETA.

Travellers from other countries may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter and stay in Canada for up to 6 months. A TRV is issued to someone visiting family or friends within Canada, a business-person, a tourist, a short-term student (for studies of under 6 months), or a person transiting through Canada.

Ready to Get Started on your Pathway to Canada?

A licensed immigration consultant can assist you with all of your Canadian immigration needs. Contact us for answers to any of your immigration questions.

Kelowna: 778.484.1996

Pathway Logo Small

Immigration Offices located in
beautiful Kelowna and Victoria, BC

More about Pathway to Canada
and how we can help.