Post Graduation Work Permits

Once international students have completed their studies in an eligible program at an eligible Canadian post-secondary institution, international graduates can apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which allows them to work in Canada.

They are not required to have a Canadian job offer at the time of application under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. International graduates can obtain up to a three-year open work permit, allowing them to work for any Canadian employer in any industry.

The program of study must be a minimum of two years for the graduate to obtain the three-year work permit. However, if the program was less than two years but longer than eight months, the graduate can still obtain a work permit for the same duration as the program of study.

Such a Post-Graduation Work Permit can only be issued once in a lifetime. Obtaining one and then returning to studies could be a mistake as it could waste the one-time opportunity.

Ready to Get Started on your Pathway to Canada?

A licensed immigration consultant can assist you with all of your Canadian immigration needs. Contact us for answers to any of your immigration questions.

Kelowna: 778.484.1996

Pathway Logo Small

Immigration Offices located in
beautiful Kelowna and Victoria, BC

More about Pathway to Canada
and how we can help.